My Costume Wigs just announced their newest sweepstakes: Free Friday Giveaway! We are adding a little jingle to your Holidays by giving away our most loved Santa Wig in honor of Mr. Morris Parker of Ohio.
What ever could I do with it? Oh, need you ask??! It doesn’t take much to brighten someone’s day. In fact, I found this blog that give more than 4 pages of ideas of things we can do – Random Acts of Kindness, if you will. Even better that we do them this time of year! Each idea can be tailored to your area, whether you live in the bustling city or the calming countryside! I got to thinking…why not do these RAOK (you know, Random Acts of Kindness) in a SANTA WIG! Even better, gather your family and friends and wear matching wigs. Who wouldn’t gather some Holiday Cheer with a flock of friendly Santa’s heading your way? (Of course, this could turn tragic if they are heading with too much jolly zest!)
I’ve come up with 10 RAOK to do with a Santa costume on:
(in Christmas colors because I am feeling rather festive today!!)
1. Find a family in your area whose family member is serving overseas and thank them in a fun way.
2. Hand out a balloon with fun note—anywhere!
3. Stop in a favorite restaurant and offer to help clean the
tables or take something off their list that day.
4. Set up a free hot cocoa stand for an area or group
that could really use it.
5. Take a toy (or a bag full) to donate.
6. Go to your favorite grocery story and give a candy cane & note to every person that serves you each week.
7. Tuck money into the toy section of any store with a little note for one happy boy or girl.
8. Leave an encouraging message using sidewalk chalk in neighbor’s driveway—anonymously.
9. Pass out donuts to your neighbors as they
leave for work in the morning.
10. Pay someone’s toll or parking meter.
The possibilities are endless! Think of how much good you could do in just a few short minutes!
I also came across this touching video of a Christmas Flash Mob. I’ll admit, this may or may not be one of my secret dreams. (Click below or enter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFU_8tBIibk&feature=youtu.be into your web browser.)
So, while you are thinking about ideas and wishing you were singing in a mall, go ahead and enter our Free Friday Giveaway and treat yourself to a little extra Holiday cheer!